About Atiwa Computing Inc.
The Secret To Becoming Houston’s Most Responsive And Reliable IT Services
Company For Nearly 4 Decades? Two Simple Words.
The mission statement of Atiwa Computing, Inc., consists of only two very powerful words: “Helping Others.” Those two words are the heartbeat of every single team member – including our founder and president, Wayne Springer – and every policy we make. It’s also why we branded our company “Atiwa,” the Native American word for a welcoming safe haven. We are constantly in the mindset of providing a safe haven to others in order to free their time and energy on efficiently running their own businesses. We bend to accommodate our customers’ needs and challenges.
It sparks questions like:
“How can we best help others get their IT issues resolved even FASTER?”
That question forced us to constantly monitor our response times, keep improving and never be complacent. The results: our friendly, English-speaking technicians will work to resolve your company’s technical problem in just eight minutes or less! Even better, 83% of our tickets are closed – that means issues are fully resolved – within 24 hours.
“How can we best help others get their IT issues fixed the FIRST TIME?”
There’s nothing more frustrating to businesses than having to fix the SAME IT problem over and over again. To ensure that never happens to our customers, we have put the RIGHT people in the RIGHT positions to ensure near 100% reliability. We are proud of our 94% “First-Time Fix” process. For the remaining 6% of our customers, their problem is immediately escalated to top team priority resolution.
“How can we best help others to protect their data from cybercriminals and hackers?”
Your data IS your business. Once hackers steal your data, it can cost you incredible amounts of money, downtime, customers, as well as your reputation. That’s why our team became experts at helping the in-demand specialists in Houston – health care, CPAs, law firms, financial firms, engineering companies, as well as oil and gas. We help these industries to confidently protect their assets from cyber security dangers, to assure regulatory compliance and to be mindful of cost containment and budgetary concerns.
Learn More About Wayne
We Bought Michael Dell’s Very First Computer!
Before we started Atiwa Computing, Inc., my wife, DeDe, and I set up Houston’s very first computer rental operation. Back in the early days of the PC industry, computers were outrageously priced and pretty hard to come by. So, rather than spend all that money, we figured we would just rent a computer to accomplish a short-term work project that Wayne was assigned at his job. We quickly found out that NOBODY rented computers – our “aha moment.” Before long, our business was born.
But we still needed a computer to get started. We saw an ad in the newspaper (no Craigslist in 1983) for a used computer and went to the address to check it out. Answering the door was a 16-year-old kid with thick Coke-bottle glasses and curly hair. His name was Michael Dell, which meant nothing to us at the time. But, boy, was that kid smarter than a whip.
So, young Michael Dell – future billionaire and founder of Dell Technologies – sold us the very first computer he ever sold! Funny thing was, it wasn’t a Dell or even a PC…it was an Apple IIe. I’ll never forget Michael Dell calling me up during his freshman year of college at the University of Texas to tell me he had moved from his dorm room to an apartment. He was leaving school, temporarily, to build computers full-time. He said his dad had made him a deal: if he could sell $100,000 in computers (back in the ’80s), he could quit school for good and work for himself. Well, he DOUBLED that goal and had already sold $200,000 in computers before the end of his second semester!
Providing A Layered Approach to Combat Cyber Security
Cyber security today can no longer be ignored. Within the last five years, cybercrime, data breaches and ransomware attacks have multiplied by a factor of 1,000. Hackers now have so many tricks to break into your network and steal your data that doing only the bare minimum, such as virus protection, is simply not enough to protect your business.
To us, cyber security for your business is similar to protecting your home. Sure, you can lock the door to keep people out. A dead bolt and alarm system will certainly keep you better protected. You can even hire a private bodyguard to stand out front with a gun. Problem is, now they’re coming down the chimney. That’s why the team at Atiwa embraces a sophisticated layered approach to protecting your data and your business, which includes the latest hardware, the most proven software, as well as up-to-date education and training.