Managed Cyber Security
When it comes to network and cybersecurity, it is easy for small to medium sized businesses to say “not me”, “they are only after the big guys.” The reality is that attacks on all networks have been increasing year after year as hackers have become more sophisticated, and small businesses are being affected every day by relaxed or non-existent security policies.
A 2013 study showed that 1 in every 5 small businesses networks would be compromised. With the ever-increasing technological advances, it is likely that since then, these numbers have climbed, posing a significant risk for a potential breach, lost or stolen data, or some type of malicious threat.
There are a number of ways Atiwa Computing in Houston helps to ensure that you are at minimum risk:
- Keeping computers and network equipment updated is one of the most effective steps to preventing a possible network security issue.
- Firewall - A common mistake in small to medium business networks is the lack of a business grade firewall solution. Often, business owners are unaware of the difference between having a network router and having a network firewall in place.
- Passwords - Password and password protection are proving to be an area that needs attention when discussing network and cybersecurity. Using sophisticated software and tools, hackers are easily gaining access to small business networks through simple or default passwords.
- Antivirus/Antispam - Most people know that antivirus and antispam software are necessary components of network and cybersecurity, but many people don’t realize why its so important until their computer or network is already infected with a virus, malware, spyware, or a host of other potentially dangerous issues.
- Content filtering - Have a system in place that will enforce your policy by automatically “policing” your company e-mail and Internet usage, blocking sites and content you don’t want your employees to access without hindering their ability to work online.
No matter the size of your business, network and cybersecurity is a definite requirement for every business in the digital age. If you are worried or unsure of where to start with an internal security audit, our team can help get you on track.
De-Mystifying "Zero Trust" and Its Role in Cyber Security
Network & Cybersecurity Services
Before you can upgrade your network and cybersecurity measures, it’s important to undergo an assessment. This gives our experts the opportunity to evaluate your current practices and come up with a solution that works best for you.
With professional penetration testing, we can exercise any attempts to compromise your security the way hackers would. This gives us valuable insight into what improvements could be made to your security efforts so we can be proactive in keeping you safe and protected.
Cabling is not something many businesses think about because when everything is working, no one's concerned about what connects their entire network. However, once something goes wrong and a connection fails, it can be incredibly detrimental not only to your data, but to your bank account too.
Before your network goes down, contact Atiwa Computing in Houston. Not only can we help you fix something once it has gone wrong, we can prevent a problem from ever happening in the first place.
When you choose Atiwa Computing for your cabling needs, you're also choosing:
- Up to Code Installation - Many cable installation companies disregard code completely when it comes to creating a network. We're not only aware of Houston's code, each installation meets or exceeds all city codes.
- Quality Service - Our experts will install your cables efficiently, quickly, and cost-effectively.
- Expert Advice - Having trouble choosing between CAT5E or CAT6 cabling? Don't know if you need new cabling, or just some maintenance? No problem - we'll help you make the best choice for your office.
As your business grows, so does your network security needs. Spam may begin to multiply and your network will become more vulnerable to attacks such as phishing and malware. To prevent infringement upon your information, you will need a good e-mail system and an exceptional spam protection. Our e-mail solutions and spam protection services can help.
When you sign up with Atiwa Computing's email solution and spam protection services today, you can expect a system that will:
- Guarantee absolute security – Not only do we stop viruses, worms, and malware before it gets to your inbox, we'll encrypt all of your e-mail data to protect from additional online threats.
- Give you control – Our new system will make sure to make it clear who is accountable for any irresponsible actions.
- Make searching a cinch – With Atiwa Computing's easy to understand indexing system, you won't ever spend unnecessary time looking for an essential e-mail.
Spam protection and e-mail services are essential in any business in Houston, and we are here to help you get the right service that best meets your needs.
Ransomware attacks result in your business’s valuable and private files becoming encrypted so you can no longer access your own information. The only way to get it back, of course, is by paying tremendous sums of money for what’s rightfully yours. At Atiwa Computing we can implement safety measures to protect your small business from falling victim to ransomware attacks.
As a small to medium sized business, a VPN is a great way to increase your business’s security. In order to operate, your office has a network from which you and your employees can access files and other devices. When employees work remotely, however, they are more vulnerable to cybersecurity threats. By utilizing a VPN, you can control who has access to your network while also creating a barrier between cyberattackers and your valuable data.
Security cameras are a typical security measure many small to medium sized businesses take. There are many types available on the market, each of which meet different needs, and our Houston IT experts will take the time to understand your needs and determine the best solution for you.
Considering that cyber attacks on all networks have been increasing year after year as hackers have become more sophisticated, small businesses are being affected every day by relaxed or non-existent security policies. Cyber security awareness training with Atiwa will teach you about numerous security measures you can take to protect your business, as well as what red flags to remain vigilant toward.
From tax records to client information, your data is essential in running your business. When it's lost because of an unanticipated natural disaster or even worse, it is stolen, you need to make sure you can recover that data so your business can continue to thrive and grow without losing clients.
Data backup and recovery is the most important service you could ever sign up for, as Atiwa Computing specializes in computer, data, and hard drive backup, as well as system recovery. We use a unique system that backs up all of your domain and server information and stores it in a dissimilar server off site so you'll always be able to reaccess your data quickly.
With data backup and recovery services with us, you will benefit from:
- Plan for unexpected issues – They happen to everyone, and they can happen at any time. Take preventative measures today.
- Safeguard and defend your business – Atiwa Computing protects your data, network, and systems from hacking or virus threats so you can focus on more important issues.
- Don’t wait long for recovery – When your network does go down and data is lost, we'll have it back for you in no time.
Regardless of your business size, you need dependable data backup and recovery in Houston. Atiwa Computing can provide that to you – call today and prevent the unexpected from ruining your company.
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is a method in which anyone attempting to access certain resources (VPN, files, etc) is required to verify their identity in various ways. The default method a cyber-attacker uses to access your resources is by guessing the username and password. These attackers are only getting smarter, so figuring out passwords is incredibly easy for them. Because of this, MFA is crucial to keep your business safe as it decreases the risk of suffering from a cyber attack.
With a VOIP phone system, you have the option to host your system elsewhere instead of keeping additional hardware (and a server) in your workplace. This way, you can enjoy functionality, flexibility, and lower costs.